If you sell your items on Amazon, you know how important it is to keep your listings up to date. You have several products listed on Amazon that need to be changed. One way is to edit each of them individually. Another way is to bulk edit an Amazon listing at one time using the file upload method.
In this article, we will discuss a method for bulk editing Amazon listings – using an inventory file.
Our goal is to show you how easy it is to edit Amazon listings in bulk, without editing each item and uploading an inventory file.
Export of products from PSQQQ to Excel file
To fill in the template file from Amazon, you need up-to-date data on the quantity and prices of products. To do this, you need to unload the goods from the PS to the Excel file:
- Go to Configuration ->Export config to the Main Feed -> Export to a file:
- From the drop-down list, select the Excel file and click Save. Close this tab.
- In the Activity column, put a check mark (this check mark allows you to turn on and off the export) and click Save:
- The next step is to start exporting.
- We go to the Functions -> Export Main Feed. To start the export, click – Run. At the end of the export operation, the created Excel file will appear in the Export Files column:
- From the uploaded file, we need the columns Sku, Quantity and Price.
Editing the Listing Template File from Amazon
- Go to the seller’s admin panel. In the Seller Central Dashboard, go to the “Inventory” tab and select “Add products via upload” from the dropdown list.
- In the “Need to create a product file” section, click on the “Continue” button.
- The ‘Add Products via Upload’ window opens. Click “Download an Inventory file”
- Select the categories in which your products are located. If you know the exact category, just select it in the “Product Classifier”. If you don’t know the category, find the product using the search. From the suggested list, select the appropriate category.
- In the ‘Step 2: Select the type of template’ section, select ‘Advanced’ and click ‘Generate Template’.
- Thus, it becomes possible to download the template in excel format. Open this file and select the ‘Template’ tab at the bottom.
- Copy the columns SKU, Price and Availability from the Excel PSQQQ file and paste into the columns Item_sku, Your price and Quantity in the Amazon template file. In the ‘country_of_origin’ column, enter the country of origin of this product.
- In the ‘update_delete’ column, enter ‘PartialUpdate’ for the product.
- Save the file.
Loading Listing Template File to Amazon
- Go to the ‘Upload your Inventory File’ tab. In the “File to check” field, click “Choose File” and upload the Excel file. Click on “Check my file”.
- The system will check the file and send an error report. In case there are any errors, fix them and try again.
After all the errors are fixed, you can download the file. Go to ‘Step 2: Upload File’. Click “Choose File” and upload the file here again and click “Upload’.
- Amazon will take some time to process the file and update your ads. To check the status, click on the “Monitor Upload Status” button.